What are cookies?
A cookie (officially an HTTP cookie) is a small file of data created by a web server sent to your device when you visit a website for the first time. When you visit the site again, the cookie allows the site to recognise your device (or more specifically your browser). Multiple cookies may be placed on your device during browsing sessions and they may store user preferences and other information.
Cookies set by Robovision are first-party cookies; cookies set by parties other than Robovision are called third-party cookies. Third-party cookies enable third-party features to be provided like analytics, personalised content and targeted advertising. The parties which set these third-party cookies can recognise your device when it visits the website and when it visits other websites.
Robovision uses first-party and third-party cookies. Some cookies are required for technical reasons in order for Robovision’s website to operate, and they are named “essential” or “strictly necessary” cookies. Other types of cookies enable Robovision to track and target interests of users to enhance the experience on the website.
- Essential website cookies: These cookies are strictly necessary to provide you with services available through Robovision’s website;
- Performance and functionality cookies: These cookies are used to enhance the performance and functionality of Robovision’s website but are non-essential to their use. However, without these cookies, certain functionality may become unavailable;
- Analytics and customisation cookies: These cookies collect information that is used either in aggregate form to help us understand how Robovision’s website are being used or how effective our marketing campaigns are, or to help us customise the website for the optimal browsing experience;
- Advertising cookies: These cookies are used to make advertising messages more relevant to you. They perform functions like preventing the same advert from continuously reappearing, ensuring that ads are properly displayed for advertisers, and in some cases selecting advertisements that are based on your interests;
- Social networking cookies: These cookies are used to enable you to share pages and content that you find interesting on our Websites through third party social networking and other websites. These cookies may also be used for advertising purposes too.
How can you (as the user) control cookies?
As a user, you have the right to decide whether to accept or reject cookies. You can exercise your cookie preferences by clicking on the appropriate opt-out links provided below.
Information & Opt-outs
- WebChoices: Digital Advertising Alliance’s Consumer Choice Tool for Web US (aboutads.info)
- NAI Consumer Opt Out (networkadvertising.org)
- Your Online Choices | EDAA
By opting out of cookies, you will continue to receive generic advertisements and certain functionality of the website may be restricted. The browser controls vary from browser-to-browser so it is advised that you visit your browser’s help menus. Robovision has listed the help menus of 4 well-known browsers below:
- Google Chrome: Turn cookies on or off – Computer – Google Account Help
- Apple Safari: Manage cookies and website data in Safari on Mac – Apple Support
- Microsoft Edge: View cookies in Microsoft Edge
- Mozilla Firefox: Protect your privacy | Firefox Help (mozilla.org)
- Essential website cookies are “strictly necessary” and you cannot refuse them. You can block or delete them by changing your browser settings however, as described above;
- The links above were correct on the date of publication.
Does Robovision serve targeted advertising?
The information collected through these processes does not enable Robovision or any third party to identify your name, contact details; or other personally identifying details unless you choose to provide these.
Originally published on 26 January 2021; Updated on 16 May 2022.